Pivot Table Data Crunching Case Study Chapter 4

LPAllen

On page 68 of the book, there is a case study for chapter 4, Formatting A Pivot Table:

* How do I create the data item - "Service Plans Sold"?
* Also, as I look at the data for the example in the text - example Great Lakes copier sale, model 2500c it is 611, which appears to be different that the 647 that is in the file that I downloaded. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Larry Allen

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Larry,

Thanks for your note. I've uploaded a new file for the Chapter 4 case study. This file includes the Service Plans Sold column.

For the 611 vs. 647 value - the data file is producing a result of 647 in the top left cell of the pivot table. Somehow, the datafile must have been changed to make a point in a later chapter.

Bill Jelen

LPAllen

Bill - Thank you for your prompt response. I downloaded the file ptdc1.zip. However, I do not see the Service Plans Sold column. I only see a Line of Business column that contains Service Plans. Please advise. Thanks!

Larry Allen

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry for not being clear. There is a new line item on the download page that indicates it is the datafile for Chapter 4. Download this one.

Bill

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mozz