"Pivot Table Data Crunching".... Who has this book

highndry

Board Regular
Hi

I'm a moderate pivot table user and I want to become an expert, so I was looking to buy a book exclusively written on Pivot Tables.

Does anyone have this book "Pivot Table Data Crunching"? If so, how do you like it? Or could you recommend one for experts. I do not need a basic pivot table book.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
In my 'library' of Microsoft Officer Application books I have 5 books soley on the subject of Pivot Tables including "Pivot Table Data Crunching" and "Pivot Table Data Crunching 2007". I suppose the fact that I also bought the 2007 version must be an indicator of my views on the book. The others are "Excel Pivot Tables and Charts" (Walkenbach), "A Complete Guide to Pivot Tables a Visual Approach" (published by Apress), and "Excel Pivot Tables Recipe Book A Problem-Solution Approach" (published by Apress).
The latter takes a Problem/Solution/How it Works approach throughout the book with 40 of the 307 pages covering VBA.
Pivot Table Data Crunching has 274 pages with the VBA section having 44 pages.
Of those two books "Excel Pivot Tables Recipe Book" has larger font (no doubt contributing to the reason for more pages). This book is good for quick answers to a particular problem.
Of all the books that I have mentioned, my personal preference is "Pivot Table Data Crunching" - this contains more detailed examples and several Case Studies. I think that it is the better book if you want to learn Pivot Tables in detail.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobmudombe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back