Pivot Table Filter tricks for 10,000+ uniques?

indygo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hi gents,

I'm sure you all came across this issue with Pivot Table when it tells you that "Not all items are showing" simply because there are too many unique items in the filter.
My problem is this, let's say I have 30,000 unique tags in the filter and I want to exclude just one which is shorter than others. So let's say tags are in this format:

3333_99123447
2223_12349333

Now, if I have one unique tag which I want to exclude which is shorter, and when I type it it also selects others that CONTAIN that number, in this example its 1234
So in that example all 3 tags would be highlighted by the filter instead of excluding just the last one.

Are there any tricks to exclude just one? I can't force filter to display just that one "1234" no matter how I type it even with the star in front of it - it includes other tags too!
It seems that pivot filter has this inverted logic just to include instead of excluding items...

any ideas?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
thanks and you're not wrong but now that I found that unique "1234" I'm only including data from that 1234 and I want to exclude it from the data. Now 1234 is the only selection in that filter.

Upvote 0
Use the custom text filter 'does not equal' and 1234 as the value.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back