Pivot Table from Multiple Worksheets

ds_robb

Board Regular
I have exceeded the number of rows that Microsoft can support on a single worksheet, so have now had to start putting data onto a second tab, however I was using pivot tables extensively on that data. I know you can create a single pivot table from multiple worksheets/data sources, but the appearance and control of the pivot appears entirely different. You no longer see the individual column/field names, you seem to just get an rolled up numeric view of all your data and can not select an individual or combination of columns. Is there anyway to create a pivot table and maintain the same column/field name structure. On a single tab that has been pivoted, I see all these column/titles: Month, Billing ID, Group, Partner Group, Partner Address, Partner Name, Client Address, Client Name, Msg_Type, Direction, Message Count, File_Size, Bill_Size, where as, despite each tab having that same format, when I do a multiple source pivot table, I only see Row, Column, Value as selectable fields. Anyway I can combine two sheets and see the same fields as above?

Regards

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
post #21 of this thread from 2008 has a description Creating a pivot table with multiple sheets

basically use the external data option of the pivot table - the first choice when you start the wizard, ALT-D-P - and combine the data sources. this works on all versions of Excel with pivot tables

also please google

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back