Pivot Table linked to ODBC Connection waiting for drilldown

cogswel__cogs

Board Regular
Hi,

I have a linked pivot table (Not mine) that I have manipulated to a more useful report. Original had drilldown ability, so I have another copy of original pivot to retrieve drilldown of data of new report.
It works well except the pivot table designer has limited what is returned drilldown so I have some look ups I want to attach to the drilldown.
Only when I run the macro it does not wait for the data to come across so when I try to see the range of the data in the drilldown it does not see the results yet.
Should I just write a loop to look into row 5(the first row of data) and then continue the rest of the macro after. Will this work? IS there a better way.

As always any help is greatly aprreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
So I was hoping that after I ran macro and closed it. If I fired a new macro because a cell was changed in one of the sheets that the data would be there.
But even using wait to pause macro for more than enough time, and then closing that macro. Data is still not there before the change macro is fired.
So I don't think its simply timing of transfer.
Assuming it has to do with coding from excel that makes it a table as opposed to just data whjich does not run till I am done.
Maybe it happens with any pivot table.
Basically what I am trying to do is add some lookups to the right of the drilldown data. But I can't cause I don't know the size of the table to be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back