Pivot Table Missing Information

Cory S

I have created a pivot table to help do basic analysis for a maintenance department. Basically, we track start/end date&time, equipment (3 lines to break down and categorize), then text for issue and corrective action, with some breakout for month, day, week, etc.
I tried to update one of my pivot table that basically tracks occurrence by day (column) and line (row). Today is December 8, we have data filling our data entry page through December 2, but my pivot table just stopped at November 17. A refresh didn't help. I have data going back to January of 2011.
I'm going to go ahead and tell you that I cheated and just created a new pivot table and went through the pains of tweaking it in, but I'd like to know how to fix it should it happen again. That has occurred to me once before and I fixed it on accident.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Sounds like the source data just didnt include all the rows of the actual data. This wont increase automatically with a refresh.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to add that without having to start over with a new pivot table? Not that it is a crisis, but this deep in, I spend a lot of time getting it tweaked back how I like it (decimals, formats, etc.). It is an aggravation, but not something to end the world. I'm only dealing with about 12k rows (-ish) at this point.

Upvote 0
I found it, Steve. Source data was the key I was looking for. I had clicked everything in the world except that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back