Pivot Table years

chriswhincup

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a number of pivot tables that use my companies data but when I select years I can only get the dates to appear like this. I want them to be side by side but can't find an option to do it so i'm not sure if its a fault of the data or a setting. It makes my dashboard long and means when I try to create a chart the bars are not in the most visually pleasing way. I would love a way to be able to display the data with January to December down the 1st column and then the years in the next columns. If I add an additional year it simply puts another column in. This then also affects all my formatting.

1691156430008.png
1691156474782.png

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
If your date field is being recognised as dates, you should be able to right click on a date and select Group.
Then select Month and Year.
Put Month in the rows and Year in the column..

1691160289125.png

1691160333687.png

Upvote 0
If your date field is being recognised as dates, you should be able to right click on a date and select Group.
Then select Month and Year.
Put Month in the rows and Year in the column..

View attachment 96562

View attachment 96563
Thank you. When I try it I get an error saying it wont work because I have a slicer working multiple pivot tables. Looks like I might not be able to do it or have to work out another way to display the information. I have 4 pivot tables in the sheet and a slicer to choose the store that affects all the tables.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that I have been unable to replicate that behaviour. Are you using standard pivot tables or Power Pivot Tables ?
Would you be able to share a copy of your workbook (desensitised).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back