Pivot Tables disappearing upon refresh

btadams

Hello everybody!

I'm working on a dashboard and have about ten pivot tables all using the same data table as a source. The pivot tables were working fine with all the slicers. But I must have done something because now when I refresh the pivot tables almost all of them kind of "disappear" in that all data in the in the Columns, Rows, and Values parts of the PTs go away in the worksheet although they still show up as being a part of the PT in the PivotTable Fields List sidebar.
All of the PT filters are still displayed on the worksheet but none of the Columns, Rows, or Values show up. But it doesn't happen with all PTs even though they all use the same data source. In fact there are two Pts that have FiscalYear and FiscalQtr in the Rows field and Encounters in the Values field and when I refresh all PTs the first Pt is unaffected but the second one "disappears" in that everything in the FiscalYear, FiscalQtr and Encounters areas on the worksheet go away even though they still show up as being part of the PT in the PivotTable Fields List sidebar.

I haven't changed any column headers in the data table and I have tried deleting and rebuilding both of the PTs I mentioned above but the same behavior occurs upon refresh. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I recently installed Office 2016 Professional Plus.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
The issue is not the Pt but the data itself.
It may be that within the Pt, the absence of data just shows that none qualify for the limitations sets by the slicers.
Have you changed the data recently (not the headers but what follows beneath).

Upvote 0
The issue is not the Pt but the data itself.
It may be that within the Pt, the absence of data just shows that none qualify for the limitations sets by the slicers.
Have you changed the data recently (not the headers but what follows beneath).

Thanks for the reply cyrilbrd! I'm not sure why but I found that when I clicked on the Field drop-down for Gender, which was in the Columns shelf, it had multiple entries for Male and Female and when I selected the second set of entries the pivot table reappeared. Since I didn't like this behavior I decided to delete all pivot tables and the data source and start over.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back