Pivottable problem

spattah

Dear all,

I have a problem with the PivatTable properties in Excel and VBA. The problem is as follows:

This is a example table:

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 290pt;" width="387" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 98pt;" width="131"> <col style="width: 48pt;" span="4" width="64"> <tbody><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 12.75pt; width: 98pt;" width="131" height="17">Sum of store_sales</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 48pt;" width="64"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 48pt;" width="64">time_id</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 48pt;" width="64"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 48pt;" width="64"> </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">product_id</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">store_id</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">367</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">368</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">369</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" x:num="" align="right" height="17">1</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">3</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">6</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">7</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="11.4" align="right">11,4</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">11</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">13</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" x:num="" align="right">14</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> </td> <td class="xl24" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
(the format is not real clear, but I will explain)

This is a part of a PivotTable where:
Sum of Store_sales is located in the datafield(one record; 11,4)
product_id and store_id are Row-Items
Time_id is a column item.

Now, I want the properties of the cell containing 11,4. I've made it so far in VBA that I can ask what his column-items and his row-item are.

Code:
Column = Application.Range(chosenCell).PivotCell.ColumnItems.Item(1)
Row = Application.Range(chosenCell).PivotCell.RowItems.Item(1)
Row2 = Application.Range(chosenCell).PivotCell.RowItems.Item(2)
But how do I get VBA to return the valueheaders of those columns and rows? So actually, I want VBA to also return the names: product_id, store_id and time_id. This is because I need those headers to create a query which I send to a Access database.

Is someone able to give me a hint? Is there a method for this in VBA?

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Fazza, thank you for trying to understand me. I know my explanation was a little difficult. :)

But with some study into the code of rorya I managed to make it work! That code was a eye opener for me in terms of getting the pivotfield items. Thanks a lot both!

gr! Spattah!

Upvote 0
You need the PageField's CurrentPage property.

Upvote 0
RoryA, sorry for resurrecting this old post but this is excellent and useful code, exactly what I have been searching for! Thanks for posting
When I run it against my Pivot table everything returned is as expected except for the last strOut line:
"strOut = strOut & vbLf & pi.Parent.Name & ": " & pi.Value "
This returns the Value Field Name for pi.Value and not the contents of the cell? For example £77.85 in this PT is returned as 'Amount'
mCDzMLmra11rzEA49
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mCDzMLmra11rzEA49
mCDzMLmra11rzEA49

Can you suggest a remedy?

Thanks

Upvote 0
On which one of those lines?

Any chance you can post a sample file for me, rather than a photo?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding Rory.
I have made a cutdown version of the file, as some of the info is for our holiday cottage accounts and so confidential, but cannot see how to post it !!
The objective for this particular sheet was to click on one of the PT cells to retrieve the information of Car, Year, Quarter and Amount so a line could be added to an Expenditure Table (not in the cutdown) as paid, the Expense Table on this sheet lines updated as Yes under Paid, and finally the Expenses PT refreshed so only the unpaid show.
Just need to find out how the send you the file now !!

Upvote 0
You'd need to put it on a file share like OneDrive or Dropbox, then post a link here. (or wait a couple of weeks until I'm down in Cornwall... ;) )

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bastbog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back