Please can someone help with Nested IF Statements to update balances

pricey75

Hi I am trying to create a formula for 8 bookies and 4 exchanges based on a series of checks

So is the bet in Pend or Complete Status, if it won with bookie or exchange and then from those results to update the neccessary balance

What I am trying to achieve is

IF U22 is Pend then the balance for sub sequent bookie is (Balance(c11) - Stake(c22)) & Exchange Balance (c15) - (k22)

IF U22 is Complete and Outcome Bookie (I22) is Won, then SUM(C11+G22+C22) and Exchange SUM(C15+H22)

IF U22 is Complete and Outcome Bookie (I22) is Lost, then SUM(C11-C22) and Exchange SUM(C15+P22)

So It need to be able to read Cell (B22) for Bookie and (N22) for Exchange and carry out the above depending on what appears in B22:B37 Bookie or N22:N37 for Exchange

Thanks in advance..

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi I am trying to create a formula for 8 bookies and 4 exchanges based on a series of checks

So is the bet in Pend or Complete Status, if it won with bookie or exchange and then from those results to update the neccessary balance

What I am trying to achieve is

IF U22 is Pend then the balance for sub sequent bookie is (Balance(c11) - Stake(c22)) & Exchange Balance (c15) - (k22)

IF U22 is Complete and Outcome Bookie (I22) is Won, then SUM(C11+G22+C22) and Exchange SUM(C15+H22)

IF U22 is Complete and Outcome Bookie (I22) is Lost, then SUM(C11-C22) and Exchange SUM(C15+P22)

So It need to be able to read Cell (B22) for Bookie and (N22) for Exchange and carry out the above depending on what appears in B22:B37 Bookie or N22:N37 for Exchange

Thanks in advance..

I am confused as to where the formula (which cell) will be placed.

(Balance(c11) - Stake(c22)) & Exchange Balance (c15) - (k22)

what do you mean by & exchange? Are there two cells that will house if statements? or is it sum(sum(c11-c22)+sum(c15-k22))?

rich

Upvote 0

what do you mean by & exchange? Are there two cells that will house if statements? or is it sum(sum(c11-c22)+sum(c15-k22))?

rich

Apologies, just need to somehow provide an updating balance for the bookies and the exchanges based on the results in the table below, shouldn't be two cells if this can be done

Just need an up to date balance for each of the bookies and exchange without having to log on to each one and taking the totals from the main table, if possible.

Thanks

Upvote 0

rich

Is it possible to upload a copy of the sheet to show you?

Thanks

Upvote 0
not to me I do this at work as small brain breaks from my own coding. I can not open attachments are go to the sites Mr. Excel uses for uploading files (stupid firewall).

thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murarj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back