Please help me do the following with my workbook

seclean

I'm creating an all-inclusive workbook for my company's price lists (global distributor, global end user, domestic distributor, domestic end user), purchase orders, invoices, and pro forma invoices. Ideally, I'd have everything included in one workbook with the following features.

I'm new here, so please be kind. More than just being given the exact formulas or VBA scripting, I'd like to know what each of these things is called so I can look them up myself and learn how to do this without having to request help each time I add something new to this or other workbooks. I consider myself somewhat fluent in Excel, but hardly an expert.

I'm running Office 2011 on my Mac.

So far, I've got the following:
Sheet 1 - blank Purchase Order
Sheet 2 - blank Invoice
Sheet 3 - blank Pro Forma Invoice
Sheet 4 - price lists

Wishlist:

I'd like to
  1. have a new worksheet created automatically, to the right of the tab I'm working on, whenever I create a new PO/Invoice/Pro Forma Invoice so they appear in order of most recently created sheet next to the blank (template) sheet - I also want the tab to be named based on the PO/Invoice/Pro Forma Invoice number (Invoice 1156 would create a tab named 1156 immediately to the right of the Invoice tab)
  2. have a PDF of that newly created worksheet automatically created and sent to a specific folder in my Dropbox account and named according to the PO/Invoice/Pro Forma Invoice number and customer name (1156 MrExcel.pdf, for example)
  3. have the blank PO/Invoice/Pro Forma Invoice automatically clear and move up one number from the last created sheet (all non-repeating cells in the sheet clear and the invoice number bump up to 1157 after MrExcel's invoice number 1156 is created).
  4. create a new tab that will automatically populate with the new tab names hyperlinking directly to that worksheet (an overview of all work, I guess, broken down by Purchase Orders, Invoices, and Pro Forma Invoices with links to the sheets automatically inserted below the proper heading)

Some of the above might be beyond simple, some might be impossible or not worth the effort - it's simply a wishlist of what I currently envision as a workable system. I will be the only one creating any of these sheets, so I don't need to worry about adding permissions or anything, but if I want to hand this file over to someone taking over my position someday it'll be seamless for them.

I'm already working on things I've learned on my own over the years of playing with Excel, reading forums, and watching tutorials online. Someday, I'll purchase a full tutorial program or take a class and fill in all the holes I've missed along the way - I have no idea what pivot tables are, for example, but I'll get to them eventually and likely kick myself for not learning them earlier and saving myself effort earlier :)

Thank you for any help you can give me on this. I hope it becomes a learning experience for others as well as I know I've piggybacked a lot reading other people's threads. Apologies in advance if I've butchered any commonly used terminology.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back