Please help me in solving this

fahadferoz01

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to extract the full name of province/state from column A. The full name of province/state should appear in column B. For example, in cell B2, the text string Texas should appear. Need to type up the formula in cell B2, and then drag the formula down to cell B9.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.40.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 5.40.24 PM.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
i am sorry but is exercise forbidden to post here. if anyone needs help. i tried solving this. but failed. any info on this would help me on the next post.

Upvote 0
Why not do a web search for : "excel formula to extract string between two characters" ?

Upvote 0
You have posted class/homework assignments here in the past too. Please do not expect us to do your assignments for you, that would be unethical, and that is not what this board is designed for.

Members here would be willing to critique what you have tried, or give some "hints" (like footoo did above). However, you should post what you have tried so that we can see you are making an effort, and we can provide some guidance on it. So far I have only seen you post the questions, without showing any work or any of the things that you have tried.

Upvote 0
You have posted class/homework assignments here in the past too. Please do not expect us to do your assignments for you, that would be unethical, and that is not what this board is designed for.

Members here would be willing to critique what you have tried, or give some "hints" (like footoo did above). However, you should post what you have tried so that we can see you are making an effort, and we can provide some guidance on it. So far I have only seen you post the questions, without showing any work or any of the things that you have tried.
Ok. so how can i show i have tried? any help on that please

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back