Please help me solve these 2 vlookup problems. excel attached here.

fahadferoz01

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
SIR, PLEASE HELP ME THE LAST QUESTION.

Attachments

• LAST QUESTION.png
    LAST QUESTION.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
1589716552691.png

1589716564787.png

I tried solving question 1 by inserting this formula: =VLOOKUP(B2:B15(C2:C15,">=80",B2:B15,"UGRD")(B2:B15,"UGRD"),F9:G12,2)
BUt did not work. Can you please correct me.

1589716577243.png

Upvote 0
Cross posted need help to sove these 2 vlook up problems

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
I am sorry for the action. wont happen again.

But the home work question answer was not answered properly. Am i prohibited to post that and also my effort on that. A lady on chandoo.org said she wants to see what my work is (whether i have tried) or i just want that on my plate. Though she wan not at all helpful I took that as a suggegstion and posted this cause i really need help. Due to covid situaion i can not go out and thought of getting help here. Thats the truth.

Cross posted need help to sove these 2 vlook up problems

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
You are not prohibited from asking questions like this, we just like you to show what you have tried & you have done that.

Upvote 0
For question one you will need to use the countifs function.

Upvote 0
actually the professor said to use only vlook up function. If you look at the formula I tried using vlook up formula but could not solve it. Will you please look at my formula and rectify it. Or atleast tell me where did I make the mistake?

For question one you will need to use the countifs function.

Upvote 0
In that case your professor knows something that I don't.

Upvote 0
Great reply. At least now you have also something to learn. Thank me later. Bye.
As a moderator, you can now delete this post.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back