Please help! Please help!

G

Earlier I posted a question, please if someone can tell me if this is doable or not.....

I have a sheet "DATA" with 100's of rows of information, some of the data in column A is duplicated as it represents a specific store. I have created a form that when you enter the store # the remaining data will automatically populate. However I am stuck in 1 area. There is no way for me to know exact cell locations for my data, so I need to base my formula on a range. If there is someone who can assist me, I will send a condinced example of what I am working on.

Please! Please! Please........

The formula in J9 is what I want. The information in that cell is correct, but J10 thru J13 is incorrect as I need excel to return the value below that located in column D. IE... I need to match the category Computers, ect. to the category at left and return the value to the right. My original sheet has over 700 rows of data. There for I need to do this as a range with the amount of rows that I am working with.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Enter in cell J9:

=SUMPRODUCT((A$2:A$14=$G$6)*(C$2:C$14=I9),D$2:D$14)

and copy down.

Amend the last row in the ranges as necessary.

Upvote 0
Andrew,

That is what I needed. My only question the D$2:D$14 on the end, how come I can not enter D:D and select the entire range? Is it because of the TEXT in D1?

Thank you for your help..... You do not know how much I have been looking forward to an answer.

Thanks,
Gabbrielle

Upvote 0
For SUMPRODUCT to work the arrays must be the same size so you'd have to change them all. I don't think it accepts entire columns, but you can try.

Upvote 0
Yes that is what I have been wanting, have I had tunnel vision?

Sincerely,
G

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalyb2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back