Plotting a Hyperbolic trendline

Meltonjrut

I am trying to plot a hyperbolic trend line through a set of data. While that is not a standard option I have been researching but am still unclear on how to finish. I linearized my hyperbolic equation and found the k and m coefficient values. How do I proceed from there? How do I actually enter or use these values to plot the trend line on a graph?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Yes, thank you. I have actually read this and followed its method but I am unclear what to do once I have solved for all of the variables. He gives no instructions on how to plug them in to graph the equation once we have found all the information. This is what I’m trying to figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Once you have the parameters for your fitted function, make a column of x values that you want to plot. In an adjacent column, calculate your function's value for each x value. Plot those x and function values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back