Pls help- I've installed win11 and copy all excel files, now many files got problems with VBA specifically in "this workbook" VBA place

netanel99

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello dear excel experts,

Thank you for all the support,
I just put all my excel life work in the new Win11 laptop, it's in Hebrew language,
Now if I click on VBA view codes, I can click on macros, and some of the sheets, but some sheets I can't view code it just freeze, also on "my workbook" sheet - I can't watch code, it also just freeze, I can click somewhere else and proceed but the excel workbook isn't right because of this.

this is so frustrating because this is life work, and have many excel like this
need a hero.

Best regards,
Netanel

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I just noticed , If I click in the VBA editor "debug" -> "compile VBAproject" - which is a tool I have no experience with
It temporarily apparently fix the problem because after that I can edit those VBA sheets I couldn't before and I can edit that "my worksheet"(it just say it in hebrew) which I couldn't before,
But even though I save the file, after reopening the excel file, it happens again , and still yet I some of those VBA sheets and "my worksheet" just isn't responding.
so frustrating.

Upvote 0
So annoying ,
If I delete all the macros in the worksheet then problem solves by itself because Excel changes the name of the my workbook from the hebrew name "חוברת העבודה שלי" to "ThisWorkbook
and then "this workbook" and all the sheets that wasn't working will start working again, so I thought to myself maybe I just need to change the name in the VBA editor of the workbook from hebrew name to "ThisWorkbook" but it doesn't allow me to delete the name, it gives error: "invalid property value" . My only option is to delete all macros and vba and only this "fixes" it.

Help! Help! :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I got weird solution, hopefully I didn't interrupt with anything.
All I did is just opening new worksheet, then get inside VBAeditor clicked on the new worksheet I just created, changed something in the drop down display - like from General to worksheet (private vba).
than I was able to change the names for everything that didn't worked, so I added something to the name, than saved everything , opened the file again- now Everything works like a charm, then to make things nice, I just deleted the new sheet I created, rename the names of the sheets in the VBA editor like it was before, but now everything is working.

I have no idea what happened , why, if it's a good solution , buy overall I hope this solution worked all around.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back