POKER SPREADSHEET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabluebery

Board Regular
Hello All,

A warm thanks to those of you who helped me earlier this month writing a spreadsheet that interprets poker hands. I've finished, and it works. I have successfully dealt "Texas Hold Em" poker to 10 players, dealt 5 community cards, and then interpreted the best poker hand and declared a winner.

I did it by using separate tables testing whether certain poker hands existed or not, and I used completely intrinsic Excel functions, NO VBA. That's for those of you who said it couldn't be done! I may soon introduce VBA to slow down the calculations using buttons, and simple things, but Excel can do this.

Anyone interested, let me know.

Rob

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
DABLUEBERY, CAN U SHARE THAT WITH ME SO I CAN SEE HOW YOU DID IT. IM JUST PRACTICING AND LOOKING HOW POWERFUL EXCEL IS.
THANKS

Upvote 0
Hello Sixth Sense :biggrin: :

Hope you don't mind me telling you this but people generally don't like others "SHOUTING" on the board. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out to you .... cheers and have a good day (y)

Upvote 0
OH IM SORRY NIMROD IF IT DOES NOT SOND SO GOOD TO YOU. I WAS JUST HOPING IF DABLUBERY IS WILLING TO SEND THE POKER TO ME SO THAT I MAY LEARN HOW HE DO IT . IT JUST CAUGHT MY ATTENTION CAUSE HE WAS INVITING IF SOMEBODY IS INTERERESTED. IM INTERESTED TO LOOK AT IT AND LEARN HOW HE DID IT.
WITH ALL MY APOLOGY.
THANKS

Upvote 0
Sixth Sense,

I'd be happy to share with you. If you could provide an email address, by posting one here, or by sending a private message, I will send it.

I don't think you understood what Nimrod meant. "SHOUTING" is when someone types in all capital letters, and people usually don't like that.

You made your apology in capitals again, so I'm guessing you didn't understand, or you don't give a **** what Nimrod said.

Anyway, give me a way to contact you.

Rob

Upvote 0
oh thanks dabluebery.
you got me rigth.i really dont care if i use caps or not. i used to type in caps cause my other apps requires me to do so.
you can send it to me using this email: [removed]
thanks a lot and more power!!!

tnx for giving me a tip on "shouting" now im aware!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I'd be interested in checking it out. Please send it to [removed]
Jcole

Upvote 0
i'm interested too!

would someone mind forwarding it?

did anyone get it hosted anywhere?
(or would they mind doing so?)

thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back