Populate one table based on another one

AntMac

Board Regular
This is actually for some fun. But what I would like it do is during my bowling season we have optional games the bowlers can get in based on their scores. I have found that bringing my computer helps me do things faster while I'm both bowling and doing all this work. So, what I would like to do is have the first table as a signup table. So, this one has everyone in it. I would mark a column to indicate they decided to get in this week. Then to start seeing who won, I would populate a 2nd table as an event table with only the entries from the first table. I would prefer at least the 2nd table be an actual excel table. This way I can apply formulas that auto populate and I don't have to worry about missing someone and them complaining I should have won. As a part of the fun we announce the winners so people will let you know (both kindly and angrily) that they should have won. My concerns which might be unwarranted should I have a minimum number of rows for the 2nd table? If I just have a macro say populate B2 with Anthony will it expand the table like it usually does if I just type Anthony as a new row? Finally is this easily doable without a formula? I'm thinking specifically like I was all done and a new bowler says is it too late to get in? How much rework would it be with a Macro?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back