Power BI API Connector to Obtain Workspace Data and on Dashboard, provide Guide to Component Relationships in it

Julesdude

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm using the Power BI API mez file, available on Github, to allow me the connector to work with data from my Workspaces.

I'm trying to discover the best way of listing a table, perhaps a Matrix table, allowing the user to be able to identify all the sources and relationships within a component of a particular workspace - be it a source, dataflow, data set, report etc. The ultimate aim is to provide the BI Developer with an overview of what will change at B and C if something is changed at A.

The workspace tables available through the Power BI API connector provide unique IDs for the components in table format, alongside the name of that component. When you load all these in to Power BI, the Data Model view links these tables automatically but I'm wondering what the best approach would be for the output.

Any help appreciated.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back