Power BI: Double noob Question: Baseline & Time Line

Cybrex

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

Brand new here and extremely (and I mean extremely) new to Power BI. At work we're trying to get Power BI Online intergrated into our SharePoint site (lots of jumping around happening) so I've been slowly working on learning how to use PBI. My manager has asked to have a variety of visual provided to simulate what things will look like in the future when we start working in and connecting data together, etc.

So two things I've not come across during my limited courses I've been taking is, how to assign a baseline so we can say, everything about this number will show in red, everything under this line will be green and having it display this by a month to month situation. Ie. Jan/Feb/Mar/April/May, etc across the bottom and numbers riding up the side would be between 0-50 lets say and everything below 5-10 is green, everything 11-50 red for fails.

The OTHER request is, how can we show projects that have met their deadlines, on track to meet their deadlines and most importantly failed to meet them. I don't have any data sheets to provide because it's really just make up stuff to simulate things.

Currently the headers I have in the excel file I created are: Project Name, Status (On Target, Completed, Behind Plan) Phase (this just has Design, Not Started, Build & Test under it), and then finally Target Date

My initial thought was to figure out a formula that says, if Status shows X, X, or X then Target Date wold be red, green or blue? but honestly I'm so new I'm clueless to how this would work.

Thanks in advance for your help with helping me figure this out!!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Sorry, why is asking different communities on different site matter? When you're trying to find the answer to something you usually don't go to one source, you go to multiple. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference because it seems these are too difficult to do.

Upvote 0
There is a forum rule about that.
Unfortunately i cannot comment further because i am not a moderator.

Upvote 0
As for your question, one thing that comes to mind is PBI conditional formatting tool.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back