Power BI Running Total with multiple fields in rows

pliskers

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Help needed!

I have a relatively simple Power BI matrix report with a column of daily sales totals, with the Date in one field of rows and the Weekday in a second field. I have turned off row subtotals and turned off the stepped layout. So, all I have is column 1 with the date of month (from 1-31) and column 2 with the Weekday (Sun, Mon, etc). In other words, a unique combination of Date and Weekday on each row. The third column contains the daily sales, and I need to add a fourth column that will track the cumulative MTD sales for each date, alongside that individual day's sales.

With only a single field of rows (the date), I create a quick measure to produce a Running Total by day, but as soon as I add the Weekday field, all I see in the Running Total field is a duplicate of the daily sales. I suppose I could concatenate the Date and Day fields, but for future reference, is there any way to display a running total when there is more than one field being displayed in the rows of the matrix?

As an added question, I also have a Week Ended field that was being used to display the weekly totals, but I could see how that would make a running total of the individual dates an issue. Nevertheless, in a perfect world I'd love to see that as well.

I'm relatively new to Power BI, so perhaps there's some DAX that would do the trick in a new measure instead of using the Quick Measure tool.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 38

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back