Power Query: Dynamic Parameters

Bob_W

HI All - as a novice Power Query user I'm hoping this should be an easily answered question, but would really appreciate your assistance none the less. :)

I am looking to create some dynamic parameters which can be used as part of a calculation in a custom column. This will be used in a cash report to show the forecast past due position at Quarter End by calculating how many additional days there are to QE and adding this to the current ageing so that the revised aging can be displayed.

I would like to create three parameters:

1. "Current_Rpt_Date" which would be today. Equivalent to the Excel TODAY() function.

2. "Next_QE_Date" which would take today's date and calculate the next quarter end date. In Excel I would use:

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),CEILING(MONTH(TODAY()),3)+1,1)-1
3. "System_Rpt_Date" which would capture a date value from a specific cell in dim table used in the query

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
It would be really helpful if you uploaded your sample source data (8-10) records representative of your actual data. Identify which field you wish to filter with a parameter. Please use XL2BB to upload your data so that we do not need to recreate your existing data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back