Power Query Mapping Table question

iosiflupis

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have three different power queries that I would like to merge. They share column names but there are some column names that are only used in one table and not the others. I am working on a mapping table in excel. I was going to use the table with the most column names and pull the other two into that table. How do I set up the query so that the tables without the fill to the main table, and how do I pull in the column names that are not in the main column?
Here is a portion of the table that I will be working with:

mapping display.PNG

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
If you want to combine the queries (I understand append, while you say merge) simply do the append. All columns, regardless from which table they originate, will appear in your result.
From the screenshot, you do not seem to rename stuff, so there is no need to make it this difficult.

Upvote 0
Solution
After looking at the three files, I noticed that there was no way to join the tables in any way. There was no one specific piece of information that was unique to each record in each file. So, I am looking at different data that will give me the same answers. Thank you for your assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StorageQueen24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back