Power Query not the best choice

GScott

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to extract credit card transaction data from a pdf. This pdf comes monthly and the number of transactions can vary.
I cannot extract the data as tables because some data is excluded, and can only extract pages. But each month the results of the query differ despite the pdf looking the same. It seems like power query is not the right tool.
Is there another tool that might work better in extracting from the pdf into excel.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
tough to evaluate from your description. Suggest you use XL2BB to post some sample data and a mock up of the expected results. 10-12 records should be sufficient.

Upvote 0
Issuers statements in PDF are though, but do-able with Power Query as long as you can find patterns. May not be as straightforward as one would like. I spent some evenings with loads of trial and error approaches to get mine sorted out. Needed to use a few List functions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back