Powerpivot 2010 use sharepoint list as a source and autorefresh

janathan

Could you help me resolve an issue with something similar. I connected an excel spreadsheet which resides on the BI server to a data model also on the Bi server. It refreshes fine if I pull the data model down to our machine but fails when I try to setup auto refreshes on the server. Here is the error message.OLE DB or ODBC error: Failure creating file.; 3436. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of ’73e87f62-05ac-4ed3-bf5f-8152ef3c82c2′, Name of ‘Excel ATT2014TABLES’. An error occurred while the partition, with the ID of ‘BMS Only_ee478831-c49e-4d64-8525-14bb2e3cfb6a’, Name of ‘BMS Only’ was being processed. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.I tried what you have in the article above but the connection string was exactly the same,Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I think a sharepoint admin is going to have to slog through ULS (sharepoint logs) in hopes of finding more error info :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeshw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back