PowerPivot Paste Append causes Excel Crash

Kazkada

I have tried several work arounds, PC's etc, checked all the forums, I'm at a loss.
I have pasted an Excel table into PowerPivot table. When I add subsequent months of data, via Paste Append, (using the exact same format as the initial table) to the existing table, everything works fine.
However if I add more than one calculated columns to the PowerPivot table, when I Paste Append a new month of data, Excel crashes with a black box and the error message:
SQLDUMPER.EXE
Unable to open file \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\10\FlightRecorderCurrent.trc, error 2
I can Paste Replace the same data table which works fine. However I am adding 80,000 lines of data every month and my PC won't handle a Paste Replace to put in more than 6mths of data.
When I delete the calculated columns, and then Paste Append a new month of data, PowerPivot works again. At the moment I am using the workaround; deleting all the calculated columns then Paste Appending the data, and then inserting the calculated columns again.
I'm working with Windows 7 32bit, Excel 2010.
I have also tried the Paste Append on a completely unrelated 64bit machine, and I get the same error.
Anyone else experience this? Is it something I'm doing or a PowerPivot bug?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gavlaar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back