PowerPoint presentation that refreshes excel links that gets interrupted when file is in use

Marcor

I have spent the last two weeks reading many forum posts trying to solve my problem. I have been unable to find a clear working resolution.

What I have:
A power point presentation that has information in the slides that pull from excel files on the network drive.(Paste special, link to excel document).​
I then utilize Update Links add-in from (Update Links during Slide Show Add-in) as well as the AutoEvents add-in from (AutoEvents Add-in  for PowerPoint 2000 and later) to automatically refresh the presentation when it loops back to slide 1, updating the excel information.​

Problem:
This works great until the file is in use by another operator. (Excel files are located on the network drive) When the presentation updates and the file is in use by another operator a pop up message ""Read-Only" or "Notify" or "Cancel"" comes up interrupting the presentation until "Read-Only" is clicked.​

Solution:
I would like for the presentation to run seamlessly and uninterrupted. If a file is in use, then Read-Only is automatically selected.​

Help:
I am not too familiar with VBAs and getting them to execute automatically, so if there is a solution can you please explain it step by step in how to execute it.​
If I did not describe the problem clear enough, there is another thread I found with similar problem explained differently.​

If there is a similar thread that answers this question and I was unable to find, can you please explain how to execute the VBA / solution for anyone to be able to follow?

P.S. I am using ppt and excel version 2007.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
In the event someone comes across this forum with similar problem, I ended up sharing the Excel file. "review" menu tab "shared Work book" button.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back