PP wont detect new calculated column added to PP window

gand3rson

i have calculated a column as cost/1,000,000. The pivot table sees the new data (in my field list). But when i try to add the data to my pivot table I get this error

Could not add the field "Cost in MM" to the PivotTable. Please ensure the field exists and is calculated, and try refreshing the PivotTable.

It is there Ihave refeshed - can anyone help? Much thanks

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I have experienced this on occasion as well and believe it to be some type of minor glitch. To fix it, I first close the PowerPivot window. This step is to make sure that PowerPivot isn't doing something or hung up. Occasionally, if you leave the cursor in a cell while typing out a measure or calculated field, PowerPivot says that it is in the middle of performing an action. If this is the case, the PowerPivot won't close and you'll get that message. After the window is closed, try right-clicking on your pivot and selecting refresh from the drop down. Now try to add the field again. If it still won't work, save the excel file, close and reopen and then try adding the field again. I think this has always fixed it for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSabo83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back