praise and suggestions

Jim North

MrExcel MVP
Hi All,

First of all, I'd like to say how much I enjoy this board and that I have learned much in the short time I have been on it. One of the most important things has been the general tone... it is a pure joy to be able to post a "half baked" idea and not get slammed!

Now the suggestions. I'm not sure of the correct terminology for the:<pre>
[Register] [Edit Profile] [Edit Your Preferences] [Search] [Zero Replies]
[Private Messages] [Memberslist] [Active Members] [FAQ] [Logout]</pre>

... I'll just call them links. I would like to see two more.

Many times I feel, because of the volume we have, that posters can't find their original post to see if they get a response (when they don't check the "notify me by e-mail"). I think we should have a link that does something like "show me the posting I have initiated". Yes, I know there is the search function, but this would be quicker.

Next, (and yes I know I can do this via search) I would like to see a "show me posting I have been active in".

Last idea (or opinion), the "notify me by e-mail" should default to YES.

Thanks again... this IS a great board.

Excel 2000; Windows 2000
This message was edited by Jim North on 2002-08-22 05:57

Hi All,
…..>>>>>Hi ive seen you post many time and this I liked!

First of all, I'd like to say how much I enjoy this board and that I have learned much in the short time I have been on it. One of the most important things has been the general tone... it is a pure joy to be able to post a "half baked" idea and not get slammed!

>>> I hate this and you might see me POST over nad OVER help and polite, I don’t win friends but I get loads of comments and hope I have helped even if a little towards this comment, so many others have also.

Now the suggestions. I'm not sure of the correct terminology for the:

[Register] [Edit Profile] [Edit Your Preferences] [Search] [Zero Replies]
[Private Messages] [Memberslist] [Active Members] [FAQ] [Logout]
>

... I'll just call them links. I would like to see by two more.

Many times I feel, because of the volume we have, that posters can't find their original post to see if they get a response (when they don't check the "notify me by e-mail"). I think we should have a link that does something like "show me the posting I have initiated". Yes, I know there is the search function, but this would be quicker.
>>> the biggest downfall of Bill Jelens site [this site ] is the easiest question ive ever seen on this board to answer and one no one will disagree – its success, traffic is so high its almost impossible, I get letters re older posts and chase email, I have a book with EVERY post I post to, and I re track my work, its hard and tires me a lot, I just try best I can.

Next, (and yes I know I can do this via search) I would like to see a "show me posting I have been active in".
>> this is covered in enter you userid an all you posts are there, or profile will allow post by user, that’s how my work is tracks as much as it is, so im told

Last idea (or opinion), the "notify me by e-mail" should default to YES.
>> sure I understand

I truly hope that has offered some answer’s

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murarj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back