Print Preview & Printout don't match--losing 2nd sheet

happyhedgehogs

I have a spreadsheet with 4 tabs; each has a single page worth of content. I need to print 2 of the 4 at a time: either 1 and 2 together, or 3 and 4 together. I've created macros that work great for this purpose on another version of the spreadsheet (with slightly different data but roughly the same). On this particular one, though, I can't get the printout I need. No matter what I do, it doesn't print the 2nd sheet even though it shows in the print preview.

I've figured out that the macro has nothing to do with it. If I just select both tabs and Control-P to print (that is, print outside of the macro), it still shows me the correct preview but prints only the first page.

It also doesn't seem to have anything to do with which printer. Whether I "print to PDF", print to my desktop printer, or print to the networked printer, I get the same result.

I tried copying two of the tabs into a new workbook then printing. Same result. However, if I just copy the content on the sheet and paste into a blank sheet, it prints correctly. I could use this as my solution--just copy the content over, reset the various file settings, etc, but I really would like to know why it's happening rather than just go around it!

Possibly related but probably not: This is a minor issue I'm having on all of the several versions of the form, even those that print correctly, so I don't think it ties in; I wanted to mention it here, though, in case this means anything in terms of the above issue. I'm getting a sort of "printer echo" with my macros. When I click a macro button to print to PDF, it creates my PDF file as I wish, but then it asks where to save it again. I usually just escape out of the 2nd one, but if I do tell it to save as whatever, it doesn't really--there isn't really a second file being saved. The only difference with my problem file on this is that it echos 3 times instead of 1: I print to PDF normally (except that sheet 2 is missing of course), then have to get rid of three more "save as" pop-ups.

I've searched here and other sites for an answer but haven't found one. It may be that I'm not searching with the correct words. I appreciate any help y'all can provide!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Have you got a before print macro in the ThisWorkbook module and does your macro you are printing with use the word ActiveSheet.

Although both the above normally show in PrintPreview so I suspect the answer is no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After checking my previous posts questions if the answers are no do you get the same issue with

Code:
Sub xLLx()
Sheets(Array(ActiveSheet.Name, Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index + 1).Name)).PrintOut
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back