Printing non-hidden cells that overlap into hidden cells

BetterBeef

Let me explain my question the best I know how. In cell A1 I have a heading for the spreadsheet that I am using. The heading is rather long and it runs into other columns. Underneath the heading I have categories that are rather short. I have formatted column A so that it is as wide as the longest category, but it so happens that this makes column A too narrow for the heading in A1. I have many hidden columns (for instance columns B through AA are hidden) until the data that I want to print is shown.

I have set my print area to only print columns AB and AC, using the page setup to repeat column A on the left.

When I print this worksheet, everything prints fine except the heading in A1 gets truncated. Is there a way to format my worksheet so that the information in A1 continues across the top of the sheet and does not get cut off by the column? Please note that there is no data in the entire ROW1 to get in the way of the heading.

If you need any further clarification of what I'm trying to do, please do not hesitate to ask. NOTE: I want to accomplish this feat without the utilization of headers or footers if possible.

Thanks,
Chris

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back