Problem in Access Update Query

kashif.special2005

Hi,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I have a update query named “Update_Table_2” and I assigned this query with a button click, when I click first time on butting it tell me an error message that can’t update due to data type conversion or etc… now when I click second time on that button that update query “Update_Table_2” run fine.
<o:p> </o:p>
I am not able to understand what is the problem.
Please help.
Thanks,
Kashif

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Unique_ID = [SR Domain] & [SR Process] & [SR Sub-process]

TCO_FCO_Case = DLookUp("[TCO_FCO_Count]","[Combo]","[Combo].[Unique_ID]='" & Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Unique_ID & "'")

Business_Days = GetNetWorkDays([SR Created Date],[SR Closed Date])-"1"

Closed_in_5 = IIf(CInt([Business_Days])<=5,1,0)

Closed_in_20 = IIf(CInt([Business_Days])<=20,1,0)

Closed_Date = DateSerial(Year([SR Closed Date]),Month([SR Closed Date]),Day([SR Closed Date]))

Day = IIf([Closed_Date]=Forms!Main_Form.Text14,1,0)

WTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=Forms!Main_Form.Text14-6 And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form.Text14,1,0)

MTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Month_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]= [Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14] ") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0)

QTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Quarter_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]=[Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14]") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0)

YTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Year_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]=[Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14] ") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0)

Where Unique_Id and Business_Day column updated correctely, other column not updating and give me error message.

Private Sub Cmd1_Click()
Docmd.openquery "Update_Table_2"
End Sub

Kashif.

Upvote 0
UPDATE Main_Table_CSV_WLM103 SET Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Unique_ID = [SR Domain] & [SR Process] & [SR Sub-process], Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.TCO_FCO_Case = DLookUp("[TCO_FCO_Count]","[Combo]","[Combo].[Unique_ID]='" & Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Unique_ID & "'"), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Business_Days = GetNetWorkDays([SR Created Date],[SR Closed Date])-"1", Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Closed_in_5 = IIf([Business_Days]<="5",1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Closed_in_20 = IIf([Business_Days]<="20",1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Closed_Date = DateSerial(Year([SR Closed Date]),Month([SR Closed Date]),Day([SR Closed Date])), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.[Day] = IIf([Closed_Date]=Forms!Main_Form.Text14,1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.WTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=Forms!Main_Form.Text14-6 And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form.Text14,1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.MTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Month_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]= [Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14] ") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.QTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Quarter_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]=[Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14]") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0), Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.YTD = IIf(CDate([Closed_Date])>=DLookUp("[Year_Start]","[Period_Select]","[Period_Select].[Day]=[Forms]![Main_Form]![Text14] ") And CDate([Closed_Date])<=Forms!Main_Form!Text14,1,0);

I don't know why it is not working at one click, when I do click on second time it is working fine. If it would be data type mismatch error then it would also not work on second click.

Please help.

Kashif.

Upvote 0
it quite complex to look at

But should it be an append query rather than an update??

if its supposed to be an update
shouldn't
Main_Table_CSV_WLM103.Unique_ID = [SR Domain] & [SR Process] & [SR Sub-process]

be in a Where clause ??

Upvote 0
INSERT INTO Table1 ( ID )
SELECT Table1.ID
FROM Table1;

this is the syntax for adding records to a table

UPDATE Table1 SET Table1.[Zone] = "Newzone"
WHERE (((Table1.ID)=1));

This is the update syntax where you specify which record to update

This is all Acess/SQL Standard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back