Problem merging two charts (Scatter Bubble + Line)

max_pedreira

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Hope you're all great!

For the past few days I've been scratching my head and scraping the internet for an answer to a problem that seemed seemingly simple.

What I've been trying to do is combine a scatter and a line graph into one!
Below is what I'm trying to achieve.

Desired Result.PNG

But so far I've been unable to do it...

Below is the data I want to transpose to the graph.
The blue table is for the bubbles: "Sales" for the size of the bubbles, "Discount" for the y axis, and "Level" for the x axis.
The orange table is for the line: "Discount" for the y axis and "Level" for the x axis.

Source Tables.PNG

My goal with this graph is to visually despite which customers fall below the discount threshold for each level (and which don't).

Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I don't believe it is possible to combine bubble plots with other forms. That said there is a way to achieve what you're after but it is a little cumbersome.

1713242616183.png

First create the bubble chart from your first table - I changed the column order just to make it easier but you do you.
Next, create three separate new series, each consisting of two points, from the data in the second table. To do this, right click in the chart area and click 'Select data...', then on the left hand side under legend entries choose Add. Then add three more series each consisting of two rows as below.

1713243072662.png

For the first it is rows 2 and 3, for the second rows 3 and 4, and for the third rows 4 and 5.
On the chart, click the + sign on top right, click the arrow next to Trendline, click Linear and then choose Series 2. Repeat for series 3 and 4.
Format each trendline series as you want them to look.

1713243254148.png

Regards

Murray

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back