Problem with a Powerpoint Slideshow on our website

Andrew_Rossington

Board Regular
Hello

I created a Powerpoint presentation and made it very interactive by adding lots of clickable links to different slides.

I saved it as the "Powerpoint Slide Show" file type, and have added this to my website so that when a hyperlink is clicked, the presentation launches.

My problem is that the clickable links within the slideshow do not navigate to the same slides as they do when I open the file from my hard drive. There doesn't yet seem to be any logic behind which slides they do navigate to.

Does anyone know of this happening to others? Is there a solution?

If you can help, I'd appreciate it. If not, thanks very much for reading through this.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I haven't because the intention was to allow it to run on the website so that people without Powerpoint could view it online, and I believe the only way to achieve this is to save as the file type mentioned above (.pps I believe)

Could it be to do with the version it was created with? (2000 in this case)

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Upvote 0
If you do "view show" within the edit version do the links work correctly?

Might be worth saving it as different file types just to test if the links work on them - if they do and it's only when it's published online then it's likely to be a problem away from PowerPoint.

Upvote 0
If you do "view show" within the edit version do the links work correctly?

Might be worth saving it as different file types just to test if the links work on them - if they do and it's only when it's published online then it's likely to be a problem away from PowerPoint.

Yes sir, the links work fine when I open the file normally. Even when I run the .pps file on my computer, it works fine.

It seems to be an issue with launching it on a web page.

Upvote 0
Try looking (in PowerPoint) at File | Properties | Summary Tab | Hyperlink Base entry.
This is where you place the path to the desired files. I think this might
Solve your problem. hth, Larry.

Upvote 0
Try looking (in PowerPoint) at File | Properties | Summary Tab | Hyperlink Base entry.
This is where you place the path to the desired files. I think this might
Solve your problem. hth, Larry.

There's nothing entered in this box. But then it's not hyperlinks I'm having a problem with. It's the buttons within the slideshow which should navigate to specific slides when clicked, but which do not do that when the show is viewed online.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back