Problem with Multiple Option Button Groups

dapo

I stuck on using option button groups. I have created two option button groups and a date cell on a worksheet that I want to use working with 12 monthly calendars. Group 1 has 4 choices (Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, and Monthly), Group 2 has 7 choices (days of the week), and then there is the cell to enter a date. What I want to do is make select in Group 1 and Group 2 and enter a date, then have programming set calendar dates (identified in group 1 & 2) font a pre-defined color. For example, if select Weekly in group 1 and Sunday in group 2 and enter date of first Sunday of year, then Sunday of every week will be the pre-defined font color. Or, if I select Bi-Weekly and Friday and enter 1/8/2010 (second Friday of year), then Friday 1/8/2010 and every other Friday is the pre-defined font color. Each of the choices from group 1 seems to present different problems, and I have no idea how to begin programming for the desires results. Any help is so greatly appreciated. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I'd like to help - sounds like a combination of conditional formatting and some formulas might do the trick without code. But code could be neat too. Can you download or copy your sheet so we can see how things are laid out as I'm not sure what's meant by option button groups ?

Upvote 0
Wilcowoods,

I do appreciate your offer to help, but as far as I can tell this site want allow me to attach my file. I checked out the FAQ and it said something about using colo's HTML, but when I click on the link, I get message saying "forbidden" and that I don't have access to that. Unless there a way to attach the file through this site, the only other choice I have is to send it to you attached to an email.

Thanks
dapo

Upvote 0
Hi Dapo

I'm bogged down with work over the weekend so it may be an idea to re-post. May I make a suggestion? If you can't access the download system here just copy and paste an extract of your sheet into the box and people can see what's going on.

I'll come and look for your post next week and try and help should nobody get back to you. Regards Will ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back