. . .
. . .
b x 4
b x 5
. . .
. . .
c y 4
. . .

I am doing a pivot table by keeping A & B in column values and summing C in data. I want to get all B values for A column. for eg.
in this case we won't get y for b and x for c.

I know we can put B column in row to get all B values in PT. But if we have an one more variable in row we will have a problem...

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi Savanur,

You can put one Varible in Column, second Variable in Row, and third in Page.

Or

If you want all of them to be in Column and also have the missing variables, then add them manually on your data (e.g: b, y, 0; c, x, 0)

Eli
This message was edited by eliW on 2002-08-29 04:11

Upvote 0
Thanks Eli,

I have do it on many variables. So I can't add the values for all the columns. I want to know whether there is any shortcut....

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-29 04:15, Savanur wrote:
Thanks Eli,

I have do it on many variables. So I can't add the values for all the columns. I want to know whether there is any shortcut....
I don't think that it can be done automatically. But I really can't see your point: If you have 6 categories in column A and 6 others in column b then you'll have 36 posibilities. Why should you show all of them even if ther is no data for some combinations?

Eli

Upvote 0
Thanks Eli,

The point is I have some 26 different variables. I have to do 26 pivot tables keeping A and B in column and summing C data and keeping the one of the 26 varialbe in the row.

At the end I need to calculate average of the tables using different combinations from the 26 tables. So for this purpose I need to have unique table format. Where as in my case I will not get certain values for some of the variables and will create a problem when I am comparing or calculating average etc..

Hope u got my point.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back