Problem with searching & replacing values

angeline

Hi, good day to all!
i haf a prob here. i have dis "Set-up Page" in my project, and in there, i need to generate a monthly report for my sheet "Without Aircon". I've created the "Without Aircon" statistics, but the values inside are hard-coded (fake values).

My prob nw is tat, i haf a drop-down list for the user to select the month & year tat he wants to generate the report. The month & year are from 2 different drop-down lists.

For example, now he selects April 2005 from the 2 drop-down lists & clicks btnGenerate. The system thus muz go into another excel file "All Readings" where i have all the actual readings for the "Without Aircon" statistic table, & search for the values for April. For "All Readings" files, there r 10 columns. i onli need the values for 1 of the columns by the name of "kWHr", & from there, pick up the values for April & May & insert it into my "Without Aircon" table. Therefore, for April, the values should be placed from cell "E3" in "All Readings" file to cell "E5" in "Without Aircon" table & for May is from cell "E4" in "All Readings" file to cell "F5" in "Without Aircon" table. The reason why i need to pick up the values for April & May is becoz under my "Without Aircon" table, i need to calculate the amount of electricity used. Therefore, for April, I will need to haf May minus(-) April readings to get the electricity consumed.

Hope i didn't make u guys confused. I've tried my best in explaining my prob. SOrry tat it's too lengthy.. :oops:

:rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back