Problems extracting pertinent data from variable spreadsheet

halesowenmum

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
https://d.docs.live.net/4736a3b95ef6e231/Public

The above is a scaled down spreadsheet which was the result of a customer satisfaction survey. There are a variety of results such as bespoke text comments (you're the best or we think you're rubbish and please don't contact me again!), satisfaction levels in text format eg 'Satisfied', numerical scores from 1 - 10, and Y/N answers. In each case the comments to the right of that column relate specifically to the column to its left and that relationship would need retaining or the comment would have no meaning or reference. Whilst it's one table, whether it can be analysed as one table or, because of the different logical groupings/because of the different responses given, would it be better to be split up into: overall satisfaction, area you live in, costs, comms methods, scores? You'll see (if the link is working) that I've colour coded it where the logical groupings of results appear to be, in case this helps.

This is what I need to achieve: I need to see those people who were Fairly Dissatisfied, Very Dissatisfied, or gave a score of 7 or less or who gave Y responses to unpleasant aspects of the area they live in related to the specific question(s) they were giving those results to. Obviously a person's response on the row relating to their answers may be great for many of the columns but there may be several columns where the result falls into one of those categories and all would need pulling out. So wherever they gave such responses they also need to be identifiable by their name address and phone number and it be clear as to which question the result relates and to also have the Comment relating to that result also displaying next to the result to which it relates. (Not asking for much am I).

Of course, it would have been waaaaay better if the company conducting the questionnaire had been asked to provide their data in this format when the customer survey was being set up but hey ho, I wasn't involved with that bit!!

If a pivot table is the way forward I'd need to know where to put each element in the Pivot Table Fields List dialogue box as I can't figure how I would achieve the above, where each thing would need to go to achieve the above (which to my addled brain seems quite fiddly and demanding). I don't even know if it can be done (certainly not as one entire table...).

Do I need to split the data up or can I analyse it as is?
Do I need pivot table (had a lot of help with conditional formatting and formulas but it wasn't really up to the job of taking all these random variable results and keeping the comments with them and picking out all instances in the same row...?
Some of the responses are quite long so need to wrap so we can see all of what the person said.

Any thoughts and light bulb ideas that might get me moving forward on this?????! :confused:

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
One possibility would be to use a Combo box to select the question, then have a ActiveX listbox (multichoice) get populated with the possible answers. By selecting one or several answers (eg Dissatisified/Fairly dissatisfied) a table would then be populated with the comments & contact details.

This requires a bit of VBA coding, and I'm sorry to say that I don't have the time for that at this moment.

Upvote 0
One possibility would be to use a Combo box to select the question, then have a ActiveX listbox (multichoice) get populated with the possible answers. By selecting one or several answers (eg Dissatisified/Fairly dissatisfied) a table would then be populated with the comments & contact details.

This requires a bit of VBA coding, and I'm sorry to say that I don't have the time for that at this moment.

Don't worry, I wouldn't expect someone to do that for me and in all honesty, I really don't have the skills and knowledge to even know where to start with how I'd insert it and then ensure it worked - that's way beyond anything I've ever worked on before!! Thank you for replying.

Upvote 0
Is there any guidance/direction anyone can give me eg as to whether I'm on the right track with a pivot table, whether I should split the data into logical groups or analyse it all as one?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aa2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back