Process to aid in enabling macros & sync SharePoint folders

gravanoc

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I have built a workbook that is intended for wide distribution in the office, so I'd like to make the initial setup as painless as possible to ensure the tool is adopted. To do this I need an external executable of some sort that can guide the user through the setup or even do it for them if they consent. It would then automatically enable macros for this workbook, trust the VBA object model (if necessary), and sync the folders containing the auxiliary files that the tool uses: e-mail templates, pictures, etc. I have found a kind of general walkthrough for the syncing part here: Configure team site libraries to sync automatically, but it doesn't really seem aimed at the programming aspect.

Obviously enabling macros for the user without their permission would be shot down by security, so if the user intends to run this executable, they would already know what it does. That means it doesn't need to have any GUI or whatever, just a simple double-click program that will check all the boxes above. However, I would also be fine if it were something that simply walked the user through, step-by-step, how to turn on the relevant settings. Thanks for any suggestions!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
It would then automatically enable macros for this workbook, trust the VBA object model (if necessary),
This is not possible, luckily. Had this been possible, this form of security would have been useless beforehand.

Would suggest to "elevate" a worksheet to a splash screen (while at the same time all other worksheets are hidden...), informing the user what the desired settings of the security center should be. When macros are enabled, then your code is able to make all relevant worksheets visible and to hide the splash screen.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back