Product Purchase

Hsibbs

Board Regular
I am using Excel 2003! TBH it does me just fine, but at work we have a new PC which uses the latest version, so I would now like to purchase it for my home PC, what is the best way to do this? I don't really want any other products, any advice I would be grateful. Sorry foe the dull question

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
If you just want Excel look here
Or for 365 have a look here

Upvote 0
Check to see if your company is part of the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP). If so, you can get the latest versions of their programs for real cheap, something like $15. I think they recently changed from selling a fixed copy of a program (Excel 2019) to a year's subscription to Excel 365 for the same low price.

Upvote 0
If you just want Excel look here
Or for 365 have a look here
Thank you fluff, this is £109.99 do yo think that is a better option than https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/office-365-home/cfq7ttc0k5dm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab would I have to pay £79.99 every year, or do the £7.99 option?

Upvote 0
Depends on what you want/need. I've got 365 Personal at £60/year which suits me, but may not suit you.
Also have a look at Eric's suggestion

Upvote 0
IMHO, Office365 is the way to go because of the complete suite and additional OneDrive storage.
If you can pay the annual renewal price, you do save some. I have the O365 installed on all my home's machines through the one subscription, so if you have multiple machines or users in the household, that's a definite advantage. PLUS, you get access on your mobile device(s).
Also, O365 gets regular feature updates.

In general, I hate subscriptions, but I do have great fondness for my O365 subscription.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnfromHGT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back