Programming Buttons in Excel

Jerminator

Just getting started with VB and VBA. I do a lot of Workbooks monthly for my customers that I import a .csv and I try to have it automated as much as possible. What I would like to do is add buttons to my first worksheet and hide the remainder sheets. Which I have accomplished. The problem I am having is programming the buttons on click to open a particular hidden sheet in the workbook. Is this possible and does anyone know what the command for this would be? I would greatly appreciate it.

No corners necessary, Jak. I was trying to leat him to what you brought up any way. Have found that if someone takes the time to do that with me, I learn a bunches. Sorry if I sounded terse, but its late, and I am tired also. Have a good night

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Thanks again. Like I said, the goal is to bring the hidden worksheet into a popup type window that can be closed out when done viewing. I appreciate the help on the Macro for programming the button to unhide the worksheet. I learned a lot in that procedure and will use that in the future for other applications, but as stated earlier, I would like to see the worksheet in a seperate window of some sort. I have been scanning my VB Programmers book for insight and haven't found anything yet.

Upvote 0
I am sorry, jerminator but I am beyond thinking now. time to sleep. If you would care to take this up again tomorrow, I will be here to finish it. it is an interestine project to me... but for now, I must retire. I will check in tomorrow, or later today as it may be

Upvote 0
No problem ElGringo. I will see if JAK can come up with something. If not I will definately be back on tomorrow to see if we can design such a monster. Thanks for all your help :)

Upvote 0
Hi Jerminator

I have an example worksheet for you which I will forward to your e-mail address. When opened and Macros enabled you will find a button on sheet1. Click the button and a form appears. You have a few choices to unhide sheets or hide them all with the exception of Sheet1. I have kept it basic and hope this will help you out. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back