Pull data from a table into a specific structure at another sheet

murka

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey guys,

I work in a chemical laboratory, and we send structured reports to our clients.

In the past this was done manually, and quite well, but lately we got a few large projects and compiling the reports has become a nightmare...

It's not an option right now to change the report structure, but I'm trying to create some sort of template the will pull data from orderly rows by sample #ID into the report structure.

So, in the first sheet I got the data table, with samples identified by number (1 2 3 for example), and the headers A B C D representing parematers below as a1 a2 a3 a4 etc'

In the actual report the sample data is in a "info brick" on the top of the page, and is structured as the headers in one row, and the parameters for each sample beside each header (See attached pictures for examples)

This repeats for every sample row in constant intervals (In the pictures, first sample info brick starts at row 1, then the next one at row 50, the next one at row 100 etc' until the last row.

Like I said, we used to copy and paste all the information manually, but lately when we get reports with 50+ samples inside them it became very tedious...

Thanks in advance.

datatemplate.png
structure1.png
structure2.png

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
We cannot manipulate data in a picture. Please reload your sample source data and mocked up solution using XL2BB so that we don't have to retype your data.

Upvote 1
We cannot manipulate data in a picture. Please reload your sample source data and mocked up solution using XL2BB so that we don't have to retype your data.
Sorry, didn't know that was even an option, I've now tried downloading the add-in but it says that excel has blocked it.

Best I can do atm is share a link to google sheets?

It's just a sample range anyway, I have a source table hundreds of rows long, and I need to arrange the data in a specific format.
Because the amount of data is so large, I can't do it manually...

Upvote 0
Book.xlsm
ABCDEFGH
1#IDABCDEFG
21a1b1c1d1e1f1g1
32a2b2c2d2e2f2g2
43a3b3c3d3e3f3g3
54a4b4c4d4e4f4g4
65a5b5c5d5e5f5g5
76a6b6c6d6e6f6g6
87a7b7c7d7e7f7g7
98a8b8c8d8e8f8g8
109a9b9c9d9e9f9g9
1110a10b10c10d10e10f10g10
20Aa1Dd1
21Bb1Ee1
22Cc1Ff1
30Aa2Dd2
31Bb2Ee2
32Cc2Ff2
Template

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back