Pulling conference room usage data from Outlook Calendar to input into Excel project

Shayll

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been working on a project for my boss that details room usage at our facility. I have been referencing our conference room Outlook calendar to manually input the number of meetings, start time, end time, and name of the meetings per week. We are working on this project to show upper management how busy/packed our rooms can get on any given week. I was wondering if it was possible to pull all of the data I need from the Outlook calendar and then input that data into Excel without having to do it manually? Here is an email from my boss explaining what she would like done:

"I wish there was an easier way to do this, like if we could export the calendar into excel and make a formula to pull occupied times and compare it to max possible occupancy? Do you think that’s possible? I feel like if we can show facilities that for any given week a room can be occupied for an 8-9 hour work day / 40-45 hours per week and each week it’s occupied 50-80% of that time or whatever then it may save time and get a more quantifiable number"

I'm not great at Excel so I don't know if this is something that is possible but I figured I would ask here and see if anyone has any suggestions! I've attached a picture of the project just for reference.

Capture.PNG

Could you send me some sample data please.
Use dropbox or similar for file transfer and post the link back here.

If your file contains sensitive company data, could you please "doctor" the file please.
Paul.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Thank you sooo much for all your help, this is perfect! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back