Pushing Excel to its limits...a question for the MVP's of the world...

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
and here it is - this will either be a pipe dream or perhaps possible. Like many users on this planet, I use a custom designed Excel check register and also Intuit's Quicken for it's ease in generating reports quickly. Here's the question:

if the COL headings in both Quicken and Excel's check registers are exactly the same, and in the same order of course, would it be possible to "connect" the two registers in such a way that when a new row of data is entered into Excel....and you probably know where I am going with this....
it is simultaneously entered on a new blank row in the Quicken register as well ?

I realize these are both external Windows applications and are totally independent of one another. I realize also this may have something to do with programming an interface in the Windows API ( which I have no experience in). This would entail a "transfer"? of data from Excel to Quicken utilizing some sort of connecting vehicle between the two if that even exists - or maybe I am overlooking another more easier and simpler way to achieve this. Nevertheless, does anyone out there think this is even remotely possible?
What a wonderful thing if it could be done!

Thanks for anyone's help and/or comments.

CR
(chazrab)
Kingwood, TX

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Why recreate the wheel? Can't you just stick with Quicken alone? Although my wife uses an Excel check register I built because she's too stubborn to use Quicken...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back