Quantity for different sizes

Real RFTC

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Attached is different sizes and how many for each size, How can I make is say for example "DA = Total # " M9 = Total# "

Right Now I have the total number but I really need to sort them by the sizes and its a huge spreadsheet and would take forever to count each one.

1662134907321.png

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Do you have a master list of all the different sizes (if not, it is easy to get by copying the current listing and using the "Remove Duplicates" functionality)?
If so, you can just use that, and use a SUMIF function to sum the quantity for each size.
See: Excel SUMIF Function

Upvote 0
You could also quickly (within seconds) create a Pivot Table and get your unique list/totals.

Upvote 0
Do you have a master list of all the different sizes (if not, it is easy to get by copying the current listing and using the "Remove Duplicates" functionality)?
If so, you can just use that, and use a SUMIF function to sum the quantity for each size.
See: Excel SUMIF Function
No I dont, The sizes and how many are different every single day

Upvote 0
Let's say your data (including headers) is in A1:B9999. Select that range.
Click Insert > Pivot Table
The 'Table/Range' should show: Sheet1!$A$1:$B$9999 (sheet name may be different, of course)
Choose where you want the PivotTable to be placed: New Worksheet
Click OK
On the right, under PivotTable Fields, drag "Size" to the "Rows" box below
Then drag "Quantity" to the "Values" box below
Done.

Upvote 0
No I dont, The sizes and how many are different every single day
I understand the number of rows of data can change every day, but there is no limit to the different sizes?
There is no pre-defined list of possible options for that field?

Regardless, I think going with Z51's recommendation of a Pivot Table (or possibly using Power Query) would be a good way to go.

Upvote 0
I understand the number of rows of data can change every day, but there is no limit to the different sizes?
There is no pre-defined list of possible options for that field?

Regardless, I think going with Z51's recommendation of a Pivot Table (or possibly using Power Query) would be a good way to go.
Theres a set list for the sizes but how many can change. Im not the best at excel....

Upvote 0
Let's say your data (including headers) is in A1:B9999. Select that range.
Click Insert > Pivot Table
The 'Table/Range' should show: Sheet1!$A$1:$B$9999 (sheet name may be different, of course)
Choose where you want the PivotTable to be placed: New Worksheet
Click OK
On the right, under PivotTable Fields, drag "Size" to the "Rows" box below
Then drag "Quantity" to the "Values" box below
Done.
This is what it looks like. Im not the best at excel, will this screen shot help better explain to me?
1662137879247.png

Upvote 0
Theres a set list for the sizes but how many can change. Im not the best at excel....
The link I included in my first post shows you exactly how to do it.
The smaller box off to the right would be your "set list". You can use whole column references if you don't know how many rows there will be (or if it is changing, i.e.)
Excel Formula:
=SUMIF(C:C, G5, E:E)
(note some versions of Excel use the comma to separate function parameters, and others use semi-colons).

For Pivot Tables, Z51 gave you some instructions, but there are also lots of good tutorials you can find with a simple Google search.

Also, I highly recommend that you dump/get rid of merged cells, if you are using them.
They cause nothing but trouble and can usually be replaced by the "Center Across Selection" formatting option.
See: Tom’s Tutorials For Excel: Using Center Across Selection Instead of Merging Cells – Tom Urtis

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back