Question about dates

Urlord

Board Regular
Is it possible to have a date entered automatically entered on a form created in Excel but prevent that date from changing the next day.
I have a spreadsheet to trace customer complaints and I would like the date to be automatically entered when the info is recorded but not change after the form is complete.

Thanks

I think age is getting to me, as I don't follow much of this argument at all :confused::)

I have an accounting/budget package that uses one sheet per month. It has 3 column entry plus a date column plus a "description" column plus an account number column which directs funds to whatever account the operator selects. This info all comes together in another sheet (I call it "Budget"), which keeps totals for all the individual accounts (fuel, food, rent etc) and averages them as well using todays date to count the number of weeks since 1st July and so present the user with data that keeps him/her informed as to individual budget and total position in relation to preset budget aims.

Problem is the date is often overlooked, so I would like the date to be automatic as soon as an account number is entered in that row - but - if the date is the same as the row above then leave blank.

I use 'TODAY()' for the date and 'NOW()' for the time, but not in the columns mentioned.

Would appreciate any help, but I am dumb enough to require step by step. Des

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
In which column is the account number entered and in which column do you want the date and time?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back