question on dynamic advanced filters

dsmdude

http://www.gfcproducts.com/LatheSchedule-master.xls

What I need to be able to do is some kind of dynamic filter, where I can EASILY pick the following fields of interest: EMPLOYEE and JOB-SO.

I want to be able to view what each employee is doing all week. The main reason is to make sure that one employee is not being scheduled on too many machines, (which they are usually scheduled on more than one machine a day) or too many times of the week.

The auto filter only works for one day of the week, but I would like to view what one employee is doing all week.

If you add peoples names in the fields, you will see what I mean.

If using a dynamic filter, I would like to see the employees in a drop down box, and it filters out all the other people that I did not pick, and same with the SO-JOB’s.

• The Employees at one point will be changed, and I will have to add or remove employees, but the JOB-SO is something that changes every day. I am adding new jobs every day, and also taking away jobs from the data sheet. ( I hope this won’t affect the dynamic filter )
This is my older version of the form, if this would be able to be worked out easier. http://maddsm.com/latheschedule.xls
with this version, I would need to filter the machines, and the JOB-SO. Again, they would need to be filtered for the whole week so I can see that there are not more than one person running the same machine on the same day.

If you see that there may be a easier, more readable way of setting up this form, that would be great if I got your input.

WORKING WITH EXCEL 2003

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
You could just add a ahelper column with a dropdown list of employees in row 1, and then a formula in subsequent rows to see if the selected employee is workingm return TRU or FALSE. You can the filter the helper column on TRUE.

Upvote 0
I am a bit confused on how to do that. could you be more descriptive? I'd hate to ask, but even if anyone can use my file and modify it, then show me that it works

Upvote 0
The sheet you linked to is password protected. That makes it hard to work with. And it also disables the filter that you have in place.

Would AdvancedFilter with a Validation list in the criteria (lower) cell do what you want?

Upvote 0
the latheschedule-master file is protected, but not with a password.
the master is the file that I would truely like to use with the filters,

but if my older version (not the master) will work, then I would like to add filters to that one. I have removed the password protection for my old version here:
http://www.gfcproducts.com/latheschedule.xls

the filters that I have in place will be unnecessary if I can get an advanced filter in place.

the validation list/advanced filter would be great!

Upvote 0
Problem is that that workbook looks a bit sparse on actual data, a few names but nothing else that I could see.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back