Quick Question

secondview

I have a spreadsheet in which each row is a different height. When I try to move one row in-between two others (holding SHIFT and dragging the border) it's height changes. Is there any quick way (key shortcut, etc.) that I can maintain the height when moving cells? Also how can I maintain height when copying from one sheet to another?

Oh, and one more thing:
I have a cell in which the text is too large to fit inside and it gets cropped (that's how I want it). Now I want to add a second line (line 2) of text to this cell (pressing ALT+ENTER), so that line 1 is cropped and then the new text of line 2 starts below it. However, when I add the line break it pushes the cropped part of line 1 down to the next line, and line two gets pushed down another line (line 3). Is there anyway to keep all of the text from line 1 on it's line? (If this is confusing i'll try to explain it better)

Thanks guys,

Dan
This message was edited by secondview on 2002-09-29 17:30

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
On 2002-09-29 17:22, secondview wrote:
I have a spreadsheet in which each row is a different height. When I try to move one row in-between two others (holding SHIFT and dragging the border) it's height changes. Is there any quick way (key shortcut, etc.) that I can maintain the height when moving cells? Also how can I maintain height when copying from one sheet to another?

Thanks guys,

Dan
Hi Dan,
Answer to your first question.

Select the whole ROW by left clicking on the row number, and then drag the entire row, again by pulling its border to the desired place. It will maintain the height.

Same method goes for copying the entire row.

Rows height is a property of the entire row, therefore you cant maintain height on cells and you must do it on the entire row.

Eli
This message was edited by eliW on 2002-09-29 18:40

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back