Ranking

clarkebball22

I have the table below. I would like to automatically rank these in the next columns (F-H). The first column is automatically ranked (already know the formula). Second column is names, 3rd column is companies sold, 4th column is internal information and the 5th column will be total employees at each of the companies. What is the formula to automatically put them in order from most companies sold (tie breaker of total employees)?
RanksNamesCompaniesInternalEmployees
3Name 112120
5Name 2880
7Name 3440
1Name 415150
2Name 512124
4Name 6990
6Name 7660

<tbody>
</tbody>

The reason I am seeing something different is the ranking, I am seeing a N/A in the 3rd spot because both of the 2nd places are getting a 0.5 added. Thus both becoming 2.5 and screwing up the official rank.

You won't get a 2.5 with this formula:

=VLOOKUP(ROW(A1),$A$2:$C$8,COLUMN(A1),0)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I have the table below. I would like to automatically rank these in the next columns (F-H). The first column is automatically ranked (already know the formula). Second column is names, 3rd column is companies sold, 4th column is internal information and the 5th column will be total employees at each of the companies. What is the formula to automatically put them in order from most companies sold (tie breaker of total employees)?
RanksNamesCompaniesInternalEmployees
3Name 112120
5Name 2880
7Name 3440
1Name 415150
2Name 512124
4Name 6990
6Name 7660

<tbody>
</tbody>

You're first post says you already have the formula in column A. Do you need that formula or do you already have it?

Upvote 0
You're first post says you already have the formula in column A. Do you need that formula or do you already have it?

I had a formula, but then realized it didn't work for any ties. So, unfortunately, I don't have the correct formula to deal with any ties. All ties need to be broken down by Employees

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back