RE: Disable Macro Warning

philhowell

Board Regular
Does anyone know how i can set it so that when a workbook is opened, the warning message doesn't appear...

Plus can this be done in VBA.... as i don't want to lower people security settings.

an in VBA i can disable the warning message then re-enable it....

cheers

phil

That applies to how XL treats opening a workbook containing macros when the workbook is opened by running some other code. It doesn't address the OP's problem of running macros when a workbook is opened through the UI.
Douglas Bailey said:
AutomationSecurity Property:
{snip}

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
If you could do it, someone with malicious intent could too!

In addition to Corticus' suggestion about digital signatures, check out creating an add-in. Check my post in http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=32821
philhowell said:
kind of a Chicken and Egg problem... wouldn't that require opening a workbook with VBA in it, to be open up my workbook ...

any other suggestions...???

thanxs

phil

Upvote 0
When I delete all the macros in a spreadsheet and save the file, I am still getting the macro warning upon re-opening. Some wigs at my company do not want to see a macro warning on a file I send them that is supposed to have no macros. Any ideas outside of telling the wigs to lower their security settings?

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

You also need to delete their module(s). I.E. when you record a macro, the VBE creates a Module Folder for it (Module1), you need to delete that as well as the code in it. Right-click on the module and select "Remove".

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StorageQueen24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back